Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Victoria

Two days in Victoria and still not more than three minutes of sunshine. It reminds me of the summer of 2000 when my mom and dad and sisters came up for the first time. It was so cold that summer that we were forced to buy a great number of CANADA sweatshirts from Roots and new shoes from Aldo. Nearly a decade has passed since then and I am not happy about this return to "frigid" July temperatures. Supposedly, there will be sunshine this weekend. Let's hope. I'm one day from buying all new "summer" clothes at Roots.

Aidan joined his cousins at the Oak Bay Rec Center for a 9-12 basketball camp. He and the boys are having a great time together. It's hard to believe that it's been a year since they have seen each other. I guess the excitement went to Aidan's head because he didn't notice the cold and left his only sweatshirt at on the court. He will most certainly be getting a new Canada sweatshirt out of the deal....maybe it was his plan all along.

While Brent hung out with his dad, Megan and I took the girls shopping at Grandpa's store. The girls went wild picking out new t-shirts and stuffed animals while I searched the store for new beaver "Dam it" shirts for mom. We left the store with three bags of new Canadiana and we're no where near finished.

After shopping, Megan and I took the girls to Ferris' Oyster Bar for Victoria's greatest fries. We ordered the large mixed bowl of both Irish and sweet potato fries and a trio of dipping sauces. Since we had eaten fries only once in 8 days, I didn't feel guilty about this indulgence. Nearing the bottom of the bowl, Megan and I finally gave up. They were even better than I remembered.

Today we will be looking for something to do in this less than stellar weather. It's 60 and raining... in other words, I guess we'll go the the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment