Friday, June 26, 2009

Still packing

So, today it's food. I am trying to plan meals for on the road. We really don't want to eat fast food or endure our three less-than-restaurant-appropriate kids in restaurants night after night after night. All I can come up with is canned soup and spaghetti-o's. Crap. That's not good. HELP!!

Why can't I just relax and enjoy this planning stuff. Part of the reason we bought this thing is that in order for me to fly I must be medicated (or at least self-medicated at the airport bars that are oddly open and serving at all times...It's 8 a.m. Margaritas, anyone?). Now my anxiety is beginning to peak again as if there aren't Wal-Marts in the Midwest or grocery stores in Montana. This isn't Oregon Trails, people. We can get more supplies without contracting cholera or shooting rabbits with little digital bullets. We shouldn't have to make a raft and float the RV across the Mississippi to reach further supplies. What is wrong with me?? I might have a control problem. BUT....once on the road, I am a warrior of preparedness. I will have everything you could possibly need. I'll have tweezers and gauze; bug repellent; phone numbers for every KOA between here and Victoria; need a flashlight or three? I have them. Quarters for the meter? Got them. Granulated molasses in case we are colonized by ants? Working on that one.

I'm off to pack more emergency supplies of water in the RV.... just in case my hose won't reach the hook-up.


1 comment: